Thursday, March 1, 2018
Mary Scharf, President
Debbie Bonner, Secretary
Terri Mulverhill, treasurer
Sue LeVitre, Executive Director
Called to order at 5:00 PM
The February meeting minutes were reviewed. Adam made a motion to accept. Candy seconded.
Mary asked to move the checking account for the Events committee from Sea Comm to North Country Federal Credit Union. Candy made a motion that we do this. Debbie seconded it. Motion passed.
Mary explained the drop box and code to new directors in case we needed to get in to the office during off hours.
Mary then brought up the code issue with the apartment that needs correcting. Basically what will happen is the position of the door and the window will be swapped. The porch will need to be extended a bit. Work will start in the spring as soon as weather permits.
Debbie made the motion that we go ahead with this project. Adam seconded. Motion passed.
Terri then presented the treasurer’s report. Our business account has a balance of 14,330.06 and the events account has a balance of 2239.20. We are hoping to use proceeds from the sale of the magnets for the scholarship plan we would like to institute. We will probably wait until the start of the next school year to begin this. We will get info out to the guidance counselors again so they can make the students aware of the opportunity.
Adam talked about digitalizing our logo. He will speak to Industrial Press for prices etc. All of us like our current logo so we will not change it. Ideas for shirts, coffee mugs and other items were discussed.
We received 6 RFP’s for our website. Chris talked to Brittany Taylor about the site and recommended that we wait for her to submit an RFP. Chris also had some ideas about how we could have our site more easily managed. He also explained the “nuts and bolts” of the operation of our website.
Mary told us that the governor said we would be getting 100% broadband service in our area.
NCCC is starting a new major in Graphic Art. Mary spoke with some students and staff at the college and suggested it might be very wise and helpful to make their curriculum more all inclusive.
Sue gave a presentation at the Elks Club. She recruited one new member. She also shared some of our common goals for the village.
We have room on the board of directors for some new members. If anyone has any ideas, please bring them forward.
The fuel oil raffle is going well. We will share the names of the businesses selling the tickets on our Facebook page.
The business after hours at Mo’s was well attended and we got lots of good feedback. We did learn that we need some kind of PA system. Candy made a motion that we buy a portable PA system. Terri seconded the motion. Motion passed. Candy will research systems and prices.
We have three sponsors for our business after hours in April. The Concerts in the Park is still a work in progress.
The Events Committee will meet on March 15th. Donna had some ideas for some unique events. She will research and bring info to Events Committee meeting.
It was decided that the next Directors Meeting on April 5th be held at 4 PM. The meeting adjourned at 6:15 PM
Respectfully submitted, Debbie Bonner, Secretary